OMG! Neighbourhood Art Share • Ages 19-35
- This event has passed.
April 4, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
This Neighbourhood House Week event welcome folks from all diverse backgrounds, religions, genders, and LGBT2Q+ communities.
If you are looking for a free and sober party, this event is for you! Join us for:
- Open Mic
- Free Food
- Free Mocktails
To sign up for an open mic performance, or karaoke, send us your name and your favourite song: NeighbourhoodHouseWeek@gmail.com
Reserve free tickets for you and your friends!
- Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House (800 East Broadway, Vancouver) is located just one block away from the 99 B-Line, and the #8 and #9 bus stops at Fraser Street.
- The first and second floors are fully wheelchair accessible.
- There are single stall, all-gender, wheelchair accessible washrooms on the first and second floors, as well as multi-stall gendered washrooms.
- This is a scent-reduced space to help support the wellbeing of neighbours with sensitivities.
- There is free WiFi for guests, which may impact those with electromagnetic sensitivities.
Not sure if the space is accessible for you? Please contact us to discuss your accessibility needs, including ASL translation: NeighbourhoodHouseWeek@gmail.com
The Neighbourhood House Movement
Since 1891, the neighbourhood house movement has been working with the diverse communities of British Columbia to foster human connection, a sense of belonging, and engaging diverse and intersectional communities in local activities that are affordable or free.
In today’s digital era, face-to-face connection is slowly disappearing, and being replaced by digital communications and means of expression.
While these new ways of communication bring us new opportunities and power, many of us fear that these new ways of interaction have the potential create an anonymous world, where people lack empathy because of social isolation. We want to support new generations to function and thrive in collaborative social settings.
This is why neighbourhood houses offer strengths-based programs and services that welcome and attract a diversity of participants who work, learn and play alongside each other.
If you have any questions, or if you want to sign up to perform, or share a favourite song for karaoke, please feel free to connect with us. Through this drug-free and alcohol-free art share event, we will create digital stories together that show the fun and value of gathering and collaborating as neighbours!
Jenny van Enckevort & Cherine Amr
NeighbourhoodHouseWeek@gmail.com | 778-984-2308